Recruitment & Selection
- Carry out manpower planning to forecast future demand and supply in light of company budget and ensure optimization of employee productivity.
- Recruit staff to fill up vacancies and new roles as needed: this includes finalizing job announcement, checking application, short listing, interviewing and selecting candidates, issuing appointment letters, developing specific job descriptions.
- Prepare and carry out orientation program for new employees to foster positive attitude towards organizational goals.
Training & Development
- Prepare TNA and arrange training according to the business needs for different roles within the organization with a view to maximizing ROI of training and achieving the business goals.
- Coordinate and conduct all training activities and maintain contact with all external training institutions and agencies in relation to employees.
- Develop, implement and coordinate management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment at workplace.
Compensation & Benefit
- Analyze wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plans, equal employment opportunities, and other employee benefits as applicable in accordance with the law and other leading employers.
- Lead pay surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rate and make recommendations on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits.
- Prepare budget for human resources operations in consultation with Finance team and Senior Managerment.
- Administer monthly payroll disbursement program to ensure compliance and equity within organization.
- Administer benefit programs such as life, health, and insurance plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance, etc.
- Keep records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for senior management and Government reporting (if any).
- Recommend disbursement of final settlement of end service benefits of employees due to resignation, termination, contract discontinuation, dismissal etc. for onward approval.
- Develop and execute long-term benefit plans for employees, such as Provident Fund, Gratuity and so on.
Performance Management System
- Establish and administer a performance management system (PMS) to ensure fair performance appraisals at all levels as well as promoting effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
- Process all type of employee assessment like probationary assessment, yearly assessment etc.
- Provide support to the line managers at the time of assessing achievement of assigned KPI and/or revision of KPI for team members.
- Consult the organization’s legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with all relevant laws.
- Oversees the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Studies legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends.
- Conduct Organization Climate Survey, a 360-degree employee survey, to ensure compliance with Joint Commission International (JCI).
Employee Relations Management
- Advise/assist management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Oversee that all individual staff’s HR/personnel files are correct, updated and maintained in compliance with Joint Commission International (JCI).
- Develop, maintain and update a Human Resources Information System (HRIS) that meets senior management information needs.
- Maintain grievance record and handling grievance issues. Counsel employee as and when needed.
- Represent the organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Establish a positive workforce and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Work as a key balancing factor for bringing about the positive change in the organization in terms of culture, ethics and professional standards.
Human Resource Information System
- Assessing business process for optimal level of automation.
- Working closely with the vendor’s Project Manager and IT team for development and implementation of required modules in HRIS.
- ‘Mock Testing’ before putting developed module in live environment.
- Gap analysis and provide proposed recommendation for troubleshooting/development.
- Ensure support from vendor and IT team regarding any HRIS issue after going live.
Planning and strategy
- Formulate HR related plans, policies, procedures and guidelines ensuring that these support the needs of the business with necessary flexibility to productively respond to changes in the organization.
- Develop and implement HR strategy in line with the business plan.
- Implement and review policies developed from time to time and take necessary measures in consultation with the senior management.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Prepare reports periodically and as directed for the senior management on contemporary human resources policies and practices.
- Recommend necessary amendments in the policy, procedure and work process due changes in HR related legislation, best practice and emergent strategy.
- Contract with outside suppliers to provide, outsourced services, employee services, such as temporary employees, search firms, or relocation services.
- Supervise and direct the staffs of HR Department.
- Any other duties as required within the purview of the post.