Agile Project Manager
What is Praava Health?
Praava Health is building Bangladesh’s fastest growing consumer healthcare brand. We are raising the bar with a brick-and-click healthcare platform that combines digital tools with meaningful doctor-Patient relationships, quality diagnostics, and pharmacy services. In May 2020, Fast Company recognized Praava Health in its World Changing Ideas Awards. Praava’s work has also been featured by Forbes Magazine, Financial Times, NASDAQ, Tech in Asia, and Devex; and Praava won MIT Solve’s Bangladesh Tiger Challenge in 2019. Praava Health was selected by the Tamer Fund for Social Ventures at Columbia Business School as an inaugural portfolio venture, and was also selected by Alter Global as one of Bangladesh’s most promising new companies. Praava is a Patient-driven company that aims to be every Patient’s first call, seamlessly integrating quality infrastructure with technology to improve efficiency, accessibility, & scalability of the brick & click model. Praava is the combination of the words “praan” (life) and “aava” (beam) -- “beam of life” is a symbolic reflection of what we are building. We aspire to be Bangladesh’s trusted partner in health, empowering Patients to manage their health in a manner aligned with their values. We are a small, impassioned, collaborative team that is inspired to build the best healthcare company in Bangladesh. We seek interns who are excited to help us to build, design, and communicate a new brand and a new concept of healthcare to a new market.
Why Bangladesh is the Next Asian Tiger
Nearly 170 million people live in Bangladesh, making it one of the world’s most populous countries and densely populated markets. Bangladesh is also one of the fastest growing economies in the world and has been dubbed the next Asian tiger by the World Economic Forum, The Economist, and others. A dynamic, growing middle class of 40+ million people – 25% of the population – has already propelled Bangladesh to “middle-income” status. As income levels rise, health expenditures increase disproportionately. Middle class families demand and can pay for higher quality services. To learn more about Bangladesh’s healthcare system, check out pieces penned by the founder for the Strategic Review and the Council on Foreign Relations.
What will you be doing?
Key Responsibility Areas for Project Management:
- Under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operating Officer, takes on the management of specific project(s) with the goal of delivering every project on time, within budget and within scope
- Follow up with Departmental Heads to make sure they are on track for project completion deadline
- Keep track of all the projects and task requests directly coming from the CEO across the Departments
- Implement efficiency in project management within the organization
- Develop and maintain a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress of all activities related to the project.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Maintains up to date status dashboards to track implementation of special projects across departments
- Changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing efficiency and quality standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; and implementing change
- Any other managerial tasks in line with the competencies as and when the organization requires
- Adaptable to learning and implementing new and innovative tools for Project Management in the company
Key Responsibility Areas for AGILE Management:
- Manage each project’s scope and timeline
- Coordinate sprints, retrospective meetings and daily stand-ups
- Coach team members in Agile frameworks
- Facilitate internal communication and effective collaboration
- Be the point of contact for external communications (e.g. from customers or stakeholders)
- Work with product owners to handle backlogs and new requests
- Resolve conflicts and remove obstacles that occur
- Help teams implement changes effectively
- Ensure deliverables are up to quality standards at the end of each sprint
- Guide development teams to higher scrum maturity
- Help build a productive environment where team members ‘own’ the product and enjoy working on it
What are we looking for?
- BBA/MBA graduate from a well reputed University or foreign intuition
- 3 -5 years of experience
- Demonstrate an understanding of personalities and behavioral styles in order to work collaboratively with a variety of people and make informed discussion around resourcing, reporting structures and relationships
- Strong negotiation & influencing skills.
- Strong Communication skills
- Competent use of relevant IT tools.
- Proficiency in Agile Project Management methodology
- Previous experience with introducing Agile to an organization
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office and Internet Applications.
- Knowledge of Jira, Confluence, Asana, Trello, or another Project Management System
- Service orientation
- Quantitative analysis
- Team work
- Analytical and problem solving approach
- Organized and attention to detail
- Outstanding negotiating skills.
- Should be comfortable giving and receiving criticism, asking a lot of questions, and taking ownership.
- Business etiquette
Why work at Praava Health?
- Make the world a better place: Every member of our team believes in her/his capacity to contribute to systemic change in healthcare in Bangladesh.
- Be at the forefront of redesigning healthcare delivery: Praava has an incredible platform for impact, including through incorporation of value-based concepts that align our incentives with our Patients’ for a healthier future for our communities and our country.
- Improve healthcare and health through evidence: We are investing in constantly evaluating the effectiveness and impact of our work.
- Revolutionize healthcare through the concept of patient-centric care: Praava’s core values ensure that Patients are treated with empathy, respect and dignity. We are committed to creating an unparalleled healthcare experience and to change the perception of healthcare in Bangladesh. We are driven by the belief that clinical outcomes are actually improved when Patients are engaged in managing their health.
- Join a diverse, energetic team: The Praava team is proud to have attracted a wide range of international and local talent, and we hope you can help us to expand this. The team is energetic, amiable, and helpful, and truly embodies a work family.
- Be part of a rapidly scaling organization: By harnessing technology, data, and creative alternative financing models, Praava Health expects to offer world class health care to tens of millions of Bangladeshis.
Praava Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other quality protected by law.