Chief of Staff
What is Praava Health?
Praava Health is building Bangladesh’s fastest growing consumer healthcare brand. We are raising the bar with a brick-and-click healthcare platform that combines digital tools with meaningful doctor-Patient relationships, quality diagnostics, and pharmacy services. In May 2020, Fast Company recognized Praava Health in its World Changing Ideas Awards. Praava’s work has also been featured by Forbes Magazine, Financial Times, NASDAQ, Tech in Asia, and Devex; and Praava won MIT Solve’s Bangladesh Tiger Challenge in 2019. Praava Health was selected by the Tamer Fund for Social Ventures at Columbia Business School as an inaugural portfolio venture, and was also selected by Alter Global as one of Bangladesh’s most promising new companies. Praava is a Patient-driven company that aims to be every Patient’s first call, seamlessly integrating quality infrastructure with technology to improve efficiency, accessibility, & scalability of the brick & click model. Praava is the combination of the words “praan” (life) and “aava” (beam) -- “beam of life” is a symbolic reflection of what we are building. We aspire to be Bangladesh’s trusted partner in health, empowering Patients to manage their health in a manner aligned with their values. We are a small, impassioned, collaborative team that is inspired to build the best healthcare company in Bangladesh. We seek interns who are excited to help us to build, design, and communicate a new brand and a new concept of healthcare to a new market.
Why Bangladesh is the Next Asian Tiger
Nearly 170 million people live in Bangladesh, making it one of the world’s most populous countries and densely populated markets. Bangladesh is also one of the fastest growing economies in the world and has been dubbed the next Asian tiger by the World Economic Forum, The Economist, and others. A dynamic, growing middle class of 40+ million people – 25% of the population – has already propelled Bangladesh to “middle-income” status. As income levels rise, health expenditures increase disproportionately. Middle class families demand and can pay for higher quality services. To learn more about Bangladesh’s healthcare system, check out pieces penned by the founder for the Strategic Review and the Council on Foreign Relations.
What will you be doing?
About the role
As part of the CEO’s Office, the Chief of Staff will support with the planning and execution of critical initiatives at Praava, as well as acting as a bridge for communication between the CEO and internal departments regarding project updates, progress against KPIs, company climate, and employee well-being. The Chief of Staff will act as a co-pilot to the CEO, sitting in for them in certain meetings, keeping the CEO’s agenda in mind, and ensuring the CEO’s involvement in projects or decision-making processes when required.
What will you be doing?
- Lead annual strategic planning for the company
- Work closely with Heads of Department to embed KPI tracking and management practices daily and weekly
- Support departments to track and achieve their KPIs
- Lead cross-functional strategic initiatives, facilitate special projects, and ensure action items are executed on behalf of the CEO
- Provide ad-hoc support on projects as necessary (e.g. internal reporting, change initiatives, research, modeling, partnerships, etc.)
- Build and run cadence for leadership meetings, board meetings, and leadership offsites, including structuring and helping to deliver company-wide communication
- Ensure teams are prepared for meetings with senior management
- Distill action points coming out of meetings and ensure they are are implemented
- Support teams to make sure that all information shared with the CEO is relevant, well structured and communicated in a timely manner
Hiring and Management
- Draft job descriptions, outline interview process, and screen candidates for roles reporting into the CEO.
- Directly manage others in the office of the CEO. This may include executive assistants, special projects managers, speech writers, or others.
- Proactively identify opportunities to add value to the CEO and company
- Lead cross-functional strategic initiatives, facilitate special projects, and ensure action items are executed on behalf of the Founder
- Operate at a tactical, strategic, and operational level, handling the oversight of projects that do not neatly fit within the organizational chart or that fall between departments or leadership areas of responsibility
- Provide analysis, recommendations, and options to the CEO regarding high impact decisions
- Proactively follow up with the Founder’s team if and when goals are not being achieved to determine why objectives are not being met. Provide actionable recommendations for improvement
- Promote team integration as well as cross-functional communication and collaboration
- Provide updates to the CEO on progress, risks, and blockers relating to key company initiatives and goals
- Ensure the CEO’s calendar is aligned with the priorities of the organization
- Manage the CEO’s brand & reputation
- Assess all inquiries directed to the Founder, determine priority and the proper course of action
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's Degree or Higher
- 5+ years experience in a fast paced position, with broad cross-functional responsibilities covering strategy, corporate development, product, and operations
- 1+ years experience as a Chief of Staff
- High emotional intelligence, empathy, and ability to work effectively within and across a diverse team - including age, gender, socioeconomic, and cultural diversity
- Ability to handle and protect high level sensitive and confidential information
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills and experience working with large data sets.
- Great understanding of MS PowerPoint, Excel, and Word (or equivalent)
- Experience with and willingness to learn project management and CRM tools such as Trello, Asana, Airtable, HubSpot and Convertkit
- (Desirable) Knowledge of patient-centric and value-based healthcare concepts
- Initiative, drive, and enthusiasm to build and be part of a visionary team working to transform health care in Bangladesh.
- Patience and creativity when faced with challenges and openness to new experiences
- Strong commitment to our Founder’s vision for a healthcare brand based on the pillars of Trust, Quality, Reliability, and Affordability, based on team values of Integrity, Teamwork, Respect and Professionalism.
Why work at Praava Health?
- Make the world a better place: Every member of our team believes in her/his capacity to contribute to systemic change in healthcare in Bangladesh.
- Be at the forefront of redesigning healthcare delivery: Praava has an incredible platform for impact, including through incorporation of value-based concepts that align our incentives with our Patients’ for a healthier future for our communities and our country.
- Improve healthcare and health through evidence: We are investing in constantly evaluating the effectiveness and impact of our work.
- Revolutionize healthcare through the concept of patient-centric care: Praava’s core values ensure that Patients are treated with empathy, respect and dignity. We are committed to creating an unparalleled healthcare experience and to change the perception of healthcare in Bangladesh. We are driven by the belief that clinical outcomes are actually improved when Patients are engaged in managing their health.
- Join a diverse, energetic team: The Praava team is proud to have attracted a wide range of international and local talent, and we hope you can help us to expand this. The team is energetic, amiable, and helpful, and truly embodies a work family.
- Be part of a rapidly scaling organization: By harnessing technology, data, and creative alternative financing models, Praava Health expects to offer world class health care to tens of millions of Bangladeshis.
Praava Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other quality protected by law.