What is Praava Health?
Praava Health is building Bangladesh’s fastest-growing consumer healthcare brand. We are raising the bar with a brick-and-click healthcare platform that combines digital tools with meaningful doctor-Patient relationships, quality diagnostics, and pharmacy services. In May 2020, Fast Company recognized Praava Health in its World Changing Ideas Awards. Praava’s work has also been featured by Forbes Magazine, Financial Times, NASDAQ, Tech in Asia, and Devex; and Praava won MIT Solve’s Bangladesh Tiger Challenge in 2019. Praava Health was selected by the Tamer Fund for Social Ventures at Columbia Business School as an inaugural portfolio venture and was also selected by Alter Global as one of Bangladesh’s most promising new companies. Praava is a Patient-driven company that aims to be every Patient’s first call, seamlessly integrating quality infrastructure with technology to improve efficiency, accessibility, & scalability of the brick & click model. Praava is the combination of the words “praan” (life) and “aava” (beam) -- “beam of life” is a symbolic reflection of what we are building. We aspire to be Bangladesh’s trusted partner in health, empowering Patients to manage their health in a manner aligned with their values. We are a small, impassioned, collaborative team that is inspired to build the best healthcare company in Bangladesh. We seek interns who are excited to help us to build, design, and communicate a new brand and a new concept of healthcare to a new market.
Why Bangladesh is the Next Asian Tiger
Nearly 170 million people live in Bangladesh, making it one of the world’s most populous countries and densely populated markets. Bangladesh is also one of the fastest-growing economies in the world and has been dubbed the next Asian tiger by the World Economic Forum, The Economist, and others. A dynamic, growing middle class of 40+ million people – 25% of the population – has already propelled Bangladesh to “middle-income” status. As income levels rise, health expenditures increase disproportionately. Middle-class families demand and can pay for higher quality services. To learn more about Bangladesh’s healthcare system, check out pieces penned by the founder for the Strategic Review and the Council on Foreign Relations.
What will you be doing?
Given the pandemic, this role will be fully virtual until travel restrictions are lifted. We are currently recruiting for both part-time and full-time roles.
As an Intern, you will be responsible for the successful planning and execution projects to deliver specified requirements and achieve stakeholder satisfaction at Praava Health. 2-3 projects will be selected based on your experience, skillset, and interest. Essential to your success will be your ability to manage project dependencies and stakeholder relationships, as well as to effectively communicate with your team and stakeholders. You will work under general direction and report to Directors and CEO. Responsibilities would include:
- Assist Praava team to monitor and evaluate processes designed around patient-centricity and efficient health care delivery within the Praava network
- Create patient case studies, especially for unique cases, that Praava could use for multiple purposes such as training, audits, peer reviews, etc.
- Participate in ongoing monitoring and evaluation of process designs, particularly for the Praanno software tool for remote management of COVID positive patients
- Lead analysis of innovative value-based care models and technology-based tools. Identify evidence-based mechanisms for tracking clinical outcomes.
This is an opportunity to help shape a new model of care in Bangladesh, together with the Praava family, including doctors, nurses, health coaches, laboratory and diagnostic staff, and senior leaders.
What are we looking for?
M.D.candidates from U.S.-based medical schools or MBBS students from Bangladesh or other markets. Given the pandemic, this role will be fully virtual for non-Bangladesh based students until travel restrictions are lifted. We are currently recruiting for both part-time and full-time roles.
You also demonstrate:
- Passion for innovations in medicine, including process efficiencies and technology
- Ability to listen with empathy and to communicate with respect when interacting in person with health care professionals and patients
- Attention to detail and excellent medical writing and documentation skills
- Experience collecting and analyzing data in healthcare settings
- Technical knowledge of patient-centric and value-based healthcare concepts is especially attractive to us
- Strong commitment to our Founder’s vision for a healthcare brand based on the pillars of Trust, Quality, Reliability, and Affordability, based on team values of Integrity, Teamwork, Respect, and Professionalism.
- Patience and creativity when faced with challenges and openness to new experiences
- Initiative, drive, and enthusiasm to build and be part of a visionary team working to transform health care in Bangladesh
Why work at Praava Health?
Make the world a better place: Every member of our team believes in her/his capacity to contribute to systemic change in healthcare in Bangladesh
Be at the forefront of redesigning healthcare delivery: Praava has an incredible platform for impact, including through incorporation of value-based concepts that align our incentives with our Patients’ for a healthier future for our communities and our country
Improve healthcare and health through evidence: We are investing in constantly evaluating the effectiveness and impact of our work
Revolutionize healthcare through the concept of patient-centric care: Praava’s core values ensure that Patients are treated with empathy, respect, and dignity. We are committed to creating an unparalleled healthcare experience and changing the perception of healthcare in Bangladesh. We are driven by the belief that clinical outcomes are actually improved when Patients are engaged in managing their health.
Join a diverse, energetic team: The Praava team is proud to have attracted a wide range of international and local talent, and we hope you can help us to expand this. The team is energetic, amiable, and helpful, and truly embodies a work-family
Be part of a rapidly scaling organization: By harnessing technology, data, and creative alternative financing models, Praava Health expects to offer world-class health care to tens of millions of Bangladeshis