This policy will help you understand how we use and protect your data. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com. Thank you so much for choosing Praava.
Effective Date: [ ]
Praava Health Bangladesh Ltd. (“Praava” or “Praava Health”) has a website and a patient portal application, which is web and mobile enabled (available on Android and iOS) (sometimes collectively referred to as the “Services”).
The website provides information related to Praava Health, its services, and health in general.
The patient portal allows users to book appointments, receive diagnostic test results, and view medical records, among other features.
The privacy notice applies to the website and the application, which are owned and operated by Praava. The privacy notice describes how Praava Health collects and uses personal information provided by those who visit the website and the application. It also describes the options available to users and visitors regarding Praava Health’s use of personal information.
These policies may be changed at any given time at the management’s discretion, in which case the revised privacy notice will only apply to information collected after the date the revised policy is posted.
The effective date of this privacy notice is set forth at the top of this webpage. We will notify you of any material changes by posting notice on this webpage. Your continued use of the Services after the effective date constitutes your acceptance of the amended privacy notice. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices. Any amended privacy notice supersedes all previous versions.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO FUTURE CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE, YOU MUST STOP USING THE SERVICES AFTER THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF SUCH CHANGES.
By accessing the website and application, you agree that you have read and understood and agree to the terms and conditions of this privacy notice.
Praava Health Policy
We highly value your privacy and share your concerns regarding any information you provide to us when you visit us online. We recommend that you read this entire privacy notice as you choose to navigate through our website and patient portal.
“Personal Information” refers to information that allows us to identify you, which may include, without limitation, your full name, contact number, e-mail address, gender, date of birth, zip code, insurance data, medical data and other identifying information you voluntarily choose to provide to us (e.g., passwords, emails, letters, etc.).
If you choose to make a payment to Praava either via a mobile payment gateway or through the patient portal integrated on the website, the required financial information will be collected by a third-party service provider. Such partner’s use and storage of information is governed by its applicable terms of service and privacy notice. The information we store includes your payment card type and the last four digits of the payment card. We understand the degree of confidentiality associated with financial information and our policy is geared towards assuring it.
Some third parties, such as our business partners and service providers, provide us with Personal Information about you, such as the following:
- Account information for third party services: If you interact with a third party service when using our Services, such as if you use a third party service to log-in to our Services (e.g., Facebook or Google), or if you share content from our Services through a third party social media service, the third party service will send us certain information about you if the third party service and your account settings allow such sharing. The information we receive will depend on the policies and your account settings with the third party service. You understand the information transmitted to us is covered by this privacy notice; for example, the basic information we receive from Facebook about you.
Some information, which may include Personal Information, is automatically collected when you use our Services, such as the following:
- Traffic Data: We also may automatically collect certain data when you use the Services, such as (1) IP address; (2) domain server; (3) type of device(s) used to access the Services; (4) web browser(s) used to access the Services; (5) referring webpage or other source through which you accessed the Services; (6) geolocation information; and (7) other statistics and information associated with the interaction between your browser or device and the Services (collectively “Traffic Data”). Depending on applicable law, some Traffic Data may be Personal Information.
You may also browse our website without disclosing any personal information. However, your authentication information will be required to register or login to use the patient portal services.
Online payments will be processed by a third-party service provider and you may read the section below entitled “Links and Third Party Websites” and familiarize yourself with the privacy terms of any non-Praava websites before using them.
How We Collect Information
We collect information (including Personal Information and Traffic Data) when you use and interact with the Services, and in some cases from third party sources. Such means of collection include:
- When you use the Services’ interactive tools and services, such as searching for doctors or other healthcare providers (“Healthcare Providers”), searching for available appointments with Healthcare Providers, participating in live chats, sending queries or requests, or subscribing to Praava Health’s newsletter;
- When you voluntarily provide information in free-form text boxes through the Services or through responses to surveys, questionnaires and the like;
- If you download and install certain applications and software we make available, we may receive and collect information transmitted from your computing device for the purpose of providing you the relevant Services, such as information regarding when you are logged on and available to receive updates or alert notices;
- If you download our mobile application or use a location-enabled browser, we may receive information about your location and mobile device, as applicable;
- Through cookies, web beacons, analytics services and other tracking technology; and
- When you use the “Contact Us” function on the website, send us an email or otherwise contact us.
How We Use Your Information
We may use information that is not Personal Information to better understand who uses Praava and how we can deliver a better healthcare experience (for example, testing different kinds of emails helps us understand when and how patients prefer to get reminders for preventive care), or otherwise at our discretion.
We use information, including Personal Information, to provide the Services and to help improve the Services, to develop new services, and to advertise (for example, to display Praava ads on other web services). Specifically, such use may include:
- Providing you with the products, services and information you request;
- Responding to correspondence that we receive from you;
- Contacting you when necessary or requested, including to remind you of an upcoming appointment;
- Providing, maintaining, administering or expanding the Services, performing business analyses, or for other internal purposes to support, improve or enhance our business, the Services, and other products and services we offer;
- Customizing or tailoring your experience of the Services;
- Notifying you about certain resources, Healthcare Providers or services we think you may be interested in learning more about;
- Sending you information about Praava or our products or Services;
- Sending emails and other communications that display content that we think will interest you and according to your preferences;
- Combining information received from third parties with information that we have from or about you and using the combined information for any of the purposes described in this privacy notice;
- Showing you advertisements, including interest-based or online behavioral advertising;
- Using statistical information that we collect in any way permitted by law, including from third parties in connection with their commercial and marketing efforts;
- Fulfilling our legally required obligations, such as preventing, detecting and investigating security incidents and potentially illegal or prohibited activities;
- Resolving disputes;
- Protecting against or deterring fraudulent, illegal, or harmful actions; and
How We Share Your Information
In certain circumstances, and in order to perform the Services, we may share certain information that we collect from you, as described in this section:
- Representatives: We may share your Personal Information and/or Traffic Data with agents, contractors or affiliates of ours who help us operate this site (e.g., hosting, billing, fulfillment, data storage, security, insurance verification, web service analytics, or ad serving), conduct our business or help us complete a service you requested.
- Healthcare Providers: We may share your Personal Information with healthcare providers with whom you choose to schedule through the Services. We may share your Personal Information with healthcare providers in the event of an emergency.
- Cross Device Matching: To determine if users have interacted with content across multiple devices and to match such devices, we may work with partners who analyze device activity data and/or rely on your information (including demographic, geographic and interest-based data). To supplement this analysis, we may also provide de-identified data to these partners. Based on this data, we may then display targeted advertisements across devices that we believe are associated or use this data to further analyze usage of Services across devices.
- We may share your Personal Information with the insurance provider you identify to us (and do so via our partners) to determine eligibility and cost-sharing obligations, or otherwise obtain benefit plan and other insurance-related information on your behalf.
- Business Transfers: We may transfer your Personal Information to another company in connection with a proposed merger, sale, acquisition or other change of ownership or control by or of Praava (whether in whole or in part). Should one of these events occur, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you before your information becomes subject to different privacy and security policies and practices.
- Public Information and Submissions: You agree that any information that you may reveal in a review posting, online discussion or forum is intended for the public and is not in any way private. Carefully consider whether to disclose any Personal Information in any public posting or forum. Your submissions may be seen and/or collected by third parties and may be used by others in ways we are unable to control or predict.
- Protection of Praava and Others: We also may need to disclose your Personal Information or any other information we collect about you if we determine in good faith that such disclosure is needed to: (1) comply with or fulfill our obligations under applicable law, regulation, court order or other legal process; (2) protect the rights, property or safety of you, Praava or another party; (3) enforce any agreement with you; or (4) respond to claims that any posting or other content violates third-party rights.
- Other Information: We may disclose information that is not Personal Information (including information that has been de-identified and/or aggregated) at our discretion.
Links and Third Party Websites
Data Storage and Retention
Praava maintains strict data protection standards and has a three-layered security protection in place. Your information is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public or all Praava staff. All of Praava staff and affiliates are dedicated to maintaining and upholding your privacy and security and are fully aware of our privacy and security policies. Praava will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We may retain and use your information if necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve dispute resolutions, prevent fraud, enforce agreements or as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
Your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. If you access your account via a third party site or service, you may have additional or different sign-on protections via that third party site or service. You must prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-on mechanism appropriately, and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
Although we make good faith efforts to store Personal Information in a secure operating environment that is not open to the public, we do not and cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information. If at any time during or after our relationship we believe that the security of your Personal Information may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we will endeavor to notify you as promptly as possible under the circumstances. If we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail to the most recent e-mail address you have provided us in your account profile. Please keep your e-mail address in your account up to date. You can update that e-mail address anytime in your account profile. If you receive a notice from us, you can print it to retain a copy of it. To receive these notices, you must check your e-mail account using your computer or mobile device and email application software.
Information Provided on Behalf of Children and Others
The Services are not intended for use by children and children under the age of 13 are prohibited from using the Services. Praava does not knowingly collect any information from children, nor are the Services directed to children. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any Personal Information about yourself to us.
By accessing, using and/or submitting information to or through the Services, you represent that you are not younger than age 13. If we learn that we have received any information directly from a child under age 13 without his/her parent’s written consent, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child (or his/her parent or legal guardian) to inform the child that he/she cannot use the Services, and we will subsequently delete that information. If you believe that a child under 13 may have provided us Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are between age 13 and the age of majority in your place of residence, you may use the Services only with the consent of or under the supervision of your parent or legal guardian. If you are a parent or legal guardian of a minor child, you may, in compliance with the Agreement, use the Services on behalf of such minor child. Any information that you provide us while using the Services on behalf of your minor child will be treated as Personal Information as otherwise provided herein.
If you use the Services on behalf of another person, regardless of age, you agree that Praava may contact you for any communication made in connection with providing the Services or any legally required communications. You further agree to forward or share any such communication with any person on whose behalf you are using the Services.
Consent to Processing
Subject to your opt-out choices and all of the provisions contained in this notice, you hereby consent to the collection, processing, disclosure, and transfer by Praava of your personally identifiable information for the limited purposes described under this notice. Your consent relating to a right to transfer information referred to in this paragraph shall be deemed to include your consent to the transfer of your personally identifiable information to jurisdictions that may have different levels of privacy protection than that available to you under your local law.
Opt-Out or Unsubscribe
If you are receiving regular emails or messages (such as a subscription to our online newsletter) through our website or application, you may request to discontinue receiving them. All communications sent to you will have an opt-out or unsubscribe option. Please note that you cannot opt-out or unsubscribe from certain messages such as an email letting you know that a doctor has sent you a secure message, or reports of your diagnostic tests.
Intellectual Property and Copyright
All the information displayed, transmitted or carried by Praava Health and its related websites are copyright protected. The content is owned by Praava Health, its affiliates, its vendors, and third-party licensors, and may not be used as a substitute for professional medical advice or for solicitation of business. By reading this notice you agree to abide by all copyright notices and restrictions attached to any content accessed through the website.
Evaluation and Quality Improvement
Praava Health believes in improving service quality through the collective effort of all stakeholders. We may periodically ask users to complete surveys asking about their experience using our website and application. The surveys may ask for demographic information (such as age, gender, and education), but will not request to provide specific information about any medical condition. Information collected through the survey will be strictly used for the purposes of evaluation and quality improvement with an aim to provide better user experience. In addition, users who provide feedback may be individually contacted for follow-ups on instances of concerned raised.
Your use of our website is subject to and contingent upon your agreement with all other terms and conditions. Aside from as described in this notice, Praava Health will not use your information for any other purposes without your explicit authorization. If yo have any questions regarding this notice, please email us at email@example.com.